Wednesday 2 February 2011

Beauty basics

Every girl has her failsafe beauty products that she can't live without. I have way too many but that's all part of the fun of being a girl. Firstly, lets talk make-up.
My daily routine involves at least 6 steps. The basics are eyecream, concealer, bronzing powder, mascara, eyebrow gel and blusher. Items like eyeshadow and lipgloss are added some days but not everyday.

Firstly I apply Bobbi Brown hydrating eye cream as a base for my concealer. The concealer I use is by Amazing cosmetics and its called Amazing concealer. It's the only one I've used that conceals my dark circles. (Try Ebay or QVC for a small tube which goes a long way) Next, I brighten up my pasty face with a large sweep of Maybelline Dream SunGlow Bronzing pressed powder in Bronze. After that I define my eyes with black mascara. My favourites are Benefit Bad Gal lash, L'Oreal volume million lashes and Max Factor False lash effect mascara. Finally I tame my eyebrows with Shavata brow tamer and blush the apples of my cheeks with Bourjois blush or Benefit Dallas. Bobbi brown shimmer brick has some flattering tones that look great worn as eyeshadow. For nights out I add dark eyeshadow, false eyelashes and lipgloss.

My favourite perfume has to be Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf. It's so light and feminine and I can't get enough of it.  It also comes in a stylish, grenade shaped bottle.
When it comes to shampoo you can't go wrong with some of the cheaper brands. I'll dabble in posh shampoos but I always go back to head and shoulders as it makes my hair feel really clean and not at all greasy. Kerastase hair conditioning treatments always leave my hair feeling like silk but Aussie 3 minute miracle is just as good and smells delicious.

As for cleansing, toning and moisturising; I don't do it nearly as often as I should but I always remove my make-up before bed

No comments:

Post a Comment