Monday 3 February 2014

My Favourite statement lipsticks

A statement lip is my favourite make-up look and I often apply a bright lipstick if I'm going out after work to give me a lift and update my make-up. I am a sucker for a lipstick or any other type of lip colour, especially the ones that are hyped up by my fellow bloggers but today I am going to share some of my favourite high street/pharmacy brand lipsticks


Maybelline offer a good choice of bright coloured lipsticks as part of their Color Sensational range. I was after the perfect orange/tangerine lippie for a while and this one comes pretty close. (Shade: Electric Orange) I've since discovered a shade by Lime Crime which I'm eager to get my hands on soon but this is great value and is a flattering shade which should work for most skin types other than very fair.


This bright pink shade, also by Maybelline (Shade: Fuchsia Flash) Looks great clashed with neon yellow and can be worn all year round. This is one of my go to lipsticks for a night out


Every girl needs a classic red lippie in her life and I would recommend this one by Illamasqua. (Shade: Encounter) I'd say it's a true red and suits most skintones and the colour is pretty long lasting. This formula can be slightly drying though so I'd recommend wearing a lip balm underneath it


This vampy dark purple Super Lustrous lipstick by Revlon (Shade: Va Va Violet) isn't for everyone but I love how it instantly makes me look more mysterious. It's great for winter but can also be worn in summer with a white lace dress for a girly grunge look. It suits those with olive undertones or darker skin tones more than those with pale skin as it can make you look slightly washed out so I always fake tan before I wear this. The formula is very smooth though so maybe try the same lipstick in a different colour if this shade isn't for you.


It may not look like it from the picture but this neon pink Barry M number does pack some punch, especially against a tan. Again, it is quite drying so another one to apply over a good lip balm. I also find Eight Hour cream does the trick. Have you tried any of these lipsticks?

No comments:

Post a Comment