Sunday 9 February 2014

The Stylist's Rail - February 2014

The Stylists Rail is an event which I've been wanting to attend for a while but I missed the last one so I was sure to make an effort to attend this time. I bought tickets for myself and my friend Charly and we arrived at the Hoxton hotel to be greeted by rails of vintage treasures, items from the wardrobes of top stylists and pieces from independent designers. As I had a hangover I had to pass on the free gin cocktails but being surrounded by clothes, accessories and fashionable people plus the tunes spun by the DJ created the perfect shopping atmosphere. My outfit of choice for the occasion was a blue floral dress from New Look, (£25) perspex flower earrings from River Island (£5) and my trusty Linzi patent ankle boots. As we've had a bitter wind blowing around London I had to throw my black faux fur coat from New Look over the dress to keep me warm.




One of the brands that caught my eye was Blazon which features a collection of vibrant silk patterned scarfs designed by Natasha Coverdale. The prints are on trend yet timeless and the graphic and geometric style and bright colours will update and perk up any outfit. (see blazonstore.com) Here are some of my favourites:





I was also drawn to a brand called Sugar + Style, especially their on trend printed dresses and statement jewellery. I plan to treat myself to a little something from the website sugarandstyle.co.uk




I was very sensible and only picked up one item which was this floral blouse from Oh My Love. It was only £5 and will look great in the summer with white jeans or tucked into a pencil skirt



No comments:

Post a Comment