Monday 24 August 2015

The Big Blogger Conference 2015

I'm signed up to the LDN Meet Up mailing list and when the email about The Big Blogger Conference came through I knew I had to go! I've been blogging for nearly 5 years now but over that time the digital and blogging world have changed considerably so I welcome any advice to improve my blog and keep up with the times. I also love meeting brands and fellow bloggers so this was the perfect opportunity to combine the two. The event was organised by Lauren (@Blonde_vision), Jenny (@_dreaminpink) and Abi (Abigail__Brown) and it took place in the Russell hotel on Saturday which was pretty easy to get to from where I live in east London. It was one of the hottest days of the year so I stuck to short sleeves but I wanted to get in on the autumnal colours early so I wore a camel skirt from Primark (£8) with a burgundy crop top from H&M (£5.99) and Camel sleeveless blazer from New Look (£19.99)


The day consisted of 3 talks from 10am to 12pm which felt like going back to uni and being in the lecture hall but was much more interesting and useful as the speakers were also bloggers. First on the agenda was a Pinterest seminar with Elizabeth Sellers which was definitely made me think about reviving my slightly abandoned Pinterest account and linking it to and from my blog. Next up Jasmin Charlotte educated me about the world of tech and SEO and I will certainly be taking her advice on board. I found the 'link juice' discussion particularly useful. Last but not least, Sarah Moody gave invaluable advice for contacting PRs, getting invited to events and reviewing products which I'll definitely put into practice in the near future
After the talks we had a break for lunch then went back to the hotel to walk around the different stalls and chat to the brands. There were some great brands there whose products I can't wait to try including Beaubronz, Bee Good, Heaven Skincare, House of Fraser, Made by Jade, Comb, Sass, Jewellerybox.co.uk, My Protein and Shoeaholics so keep your eyes peeled for some reviews over the next few weeks. 

Shoes, glorious shoes on the Shoeaholics stall


Made by Jade


Beau Bronz

SASS Intimate skincare



Bee Good skincare with a conscience

Heaven Skincare
I also got my hair done by one of the lovely ladies from The Parlour London. It was so intricate and something I could never do myself so I felt so glamorous and didn't want to take it all down at bedtime! 



There was also a raffle to raise money for Scoliosis Association (UK) which is a great cause to help the sufferers of Scoliosis and other spinal conditions. I had a fantastic day and thought that the event was very well organised. I connected with a few bloggers and brands and picked up lots of tips on how to improve my blog so I would definitely attend something similar in the future




No comments:

Post a Comment