Monday 3 August 2015

Unicorn Eyes

When it comes to anything shimmery, iridescent or sparkly I'm like a magpie but with make up, it can be difficult to strike the balance between shimmer and matte. If you overdo the sparkle you can end up looking too shiny so I find that a Matte shade in the socket helps to define the eyes and tone down the disco ball look. I used a matte purple from the Make Up Revolution Salvation palette in the crease, Topshop eyeshadow in Holograph on the lid and Topshop Glow Dome in Zephyr on the brow and cheek bones. I also used purple eyeliner on the lower lashline and contrasted with coral lips using a Ted Baker lip crown. The colours used on the eyes remind me of cartoon images of Unicorns. For further definition, either a purple or dark grey liquid liner on the upper lids would be perfect.




Topshop Glow Dome (£9)

Topshop Mono Eyeshadow in Holograph, £7


1 comment: