Wednesday 9 September 2015

Bloggers Love Fashion Week September 2015


I've been to a few Bloggers Love events before so was keen to attend their Fashion Week event on Monday evening. My boyfriend came along to experience a blogger event and take the photos for which I'm very grateful! We arrived early at about 5.50 so it wasn't too busy when we first got there. There were some great brands and the ones that I spoke to were very friendly and engaging. I didn't get the chance to chat to everyone but I did have a detailed look and chat with representatives from the following brands:

Kleem Organics; I'm looking forward to trying their vitamin C serum which will hopefully reduce the appearance of the pigmentation marks on my skin (see picture 2)
Boadica The Victorious; This range of unique luxury unisex scents is available in high end department stores such as Selfridges and the two fragrances that I sampled were sensual, musky florals that lasted all night. One for the Christmas list I think! (see picture 1)
Little Odine; The concept of peel-off nail polish takes me back to my childhood in the 90s but what a great idea! I definitely plan to try them soon as they dry quickly, use natural ingredients so are much less damaging to your nails than normal nail varnish and as they peel off, theres no need to faff around with remover (see picture 4)
Type the Hype: This platform brings bloggers and brands together by giving them opportunities to work together on assignments. I will definitely be signing up very soon
Linzy-Lou's: This purse friendly accessories brand had a few on trend handbags that I have my eye on! I'm very tempted by the red one in picture 3 below
Halo; A hair extension brand with a difference as rather than traditional clip ins, the hair piece is worn around your head like a hat and once you pull through your own hair it blends pretty seamlessly, providing the shade matches your own hair. It also feels incredibly soft and shiny (see picture 6)


I also had a quick chat with the lovely Georgina Dee (below) who has recently produced her first collection, including this gorgeous blue cocktail dress 



There was also a fashion show which showcased gorgeous pieces by Amigdala Wearable Art jewellery, Quiz clothing and Zaeem Jamal


I enjoyed the event but did struggle with the all black dress code as it's not a colour that I usually wear head to toe unless I'm at work! However, it did make the front row look very professional, like the show was being watched by fashion editors and it also pushed me out of my comfort zone style wise. I went for a playsuit from Motel with tights, a fedora from River Island and fringed faux suede jacket from Zara which I ended up tying around my waist. Ankle boots from Linzi and a fringed Primark bag completed the look. The OXO Tower location also provided the perfect backdrop for outfit photos







No comments:

Post a Comment