Saturday 5 September 2015

Learning how to Dress to Flatter your Body Shape

There is an art to dressing to suit your body shape and what to avoid. Most of the time I like to think that I get it right but there are occasions when I don't as you can see from the pictures below! Health problems have caused my weight to fluctuate over the past two years and I'm currently at my heaviest. Most of the weight tends to go to my stomach area which means bodycon is out of the question and anything that is tight around this area looks very unflattering as you can see from the dungaree dress below! (I was even trying to hold my stomach in for this picture) It's difficult for me to flatter my current shape with some dresses as I still have small shoulders so it can gape in this area but be tight everywhere else. 

Although I'm still considered to have quite a slim body, last year I was over a stone lighter and I'm at the point where most of my clothes don't fit properly, if at all. This was quite a rushed outfit as I was running late and didn't have time to iron anything but it has taught me a valuable lesson about outfit planning. I felt so uncomfortable all day and couldn't wait to get home to get changed!




I currently have a thyroid problem which I will be discussing with a doctor in a weeks time so hopefully I can find a way to manage it and lose some weight around my stomach but in the meantime I'm sticking to loose dresses, high waisted bottoms with floaty blouses and for anything tighter I think it may be time to invest in a pair of Spanx!

1 comment:

  1. For me to dress to suit my body shape means getting the power of invisibility

    ReplyDelete