Tuesday 29 September 2015

Playing Tourist For a Day

I've lived in London my whole life but I very rarely do anything that I consider to be 'touristy.' I often stay in East London unless I have somewhere particular that I need to go but on Sunday I thought it would be a good idea to grab the boyfriend and go for a wander around Southbank. We're both not a fan of crowds but it was more manageable than I thought it would be and was such a pleasant day that it was nice to walk along the river and take in the atmosphere. There were food and book stalls aswell as a Chinese Food festival. The smell of the food was making our mouths water but the queues were quite long and we were looking for somewhere to sit down and eat which was away from the hustle and bustle. We stumbled upon the Real Greek which I've always wanted to try but didn't get the chance so we thought we'd give it a go. It's like a Greek tapas menu and they recommend that you order 3-4 dishes each. We only ordered 2 dishes each and shared a 3rd but I wish we'd ordered more now! We know for next time to get some bread to start then add an extra main dish. As it was very busy the service was pretty slow which isn't ideal if you're very hungry like we were! I would definitely go back at a quieter time though as the food was delicious. 






There were also street entertainers as we walked along the Thames, including people creating bubbles using a giant wand!


Despite the warm weather I wanted to go for an Autumnal vibe so I wore burgundy jeggings from Uniqlo with a lace top from Zara layered over a Topshop top. Snake print skate shoes from New Look completed the casual outfit




4 comments:

  1. You are so beautiful you always remind me of lauren conrad! Love your style xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I wish! Thank you so much for the compliment, you're not so bad yourself! Ha xx

      Delete
  2. I always love playing tourist in my own country! It looks like you had such a lovely day and you looked beautiful xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete