Wednesday 7 October 2015

Lush Oxford Street Mini Haul

I've been wanting to visit the Lush store on Oxford Street since it opened but I thought it would be sensible to let the crowds die down a bit before I braved the hustle and bustle of the West End to get there. I finally went at the end of September and boy, was it worth it! If you're a fan of Lush you will feel like a kid in a sweet shop in this three storey cosmetic heaven. They also already have their Halloween and Christmas ranges on sale which I can never resist, even if it is a bit early! The staff are all really friendly, cheery and helpful so I can't wait to go back and replenish my stash once it starts getting low. One regret is not picking up the Yognog bath bomb as I've since smelt the soap which smells good enough to eat



I picked up Peeping Santa bubble bar, Rub Rub Rub shower scrub, Big Bang bubble bar, two bath oil melts, So White bath bomb and Stardust bath bomb but once I'm working I plan to have a proper haul! 



Peeping Santa (£3.95) looks like a cute, festive macaroon and once you've crumbled it into your bath it smells like a subtle strawberry bubblegum. Despite appearances the scent isn't particularly festive which means you can use it from now all the way up until Christmas and beyond. I got two sweet scented baths out of this so that's just under £2 per bath





I love a Lush body scrub and Rub Rub Rub doesn't disappoint. At £8.75 it's on the pricey side but you get quite a lot of product for your money and a little goes a long way. I love the fresh blossom scent and although the exfoliating salts aren't as gritty as those in Ocean Salt they do the job and leave your skin soft, smooth and delicately floral scented



The Big Bang smells like a citrusy soap and half is enough so you can get two baths out of it. At first you see blue, pink and yellow swirling around which is almost like a firework effect then the water turns light blue which is pleasant. I would buy it again as it's revitalising and helps you wake up if you're feeling tired which I often do!



I picked up two bath oil melts as I'd never tried them before and they looked intriguing. I know that the blue one is called Oil on Troubled Waters but my receipt doesn't mention the green one. (it just says oil on troubled waters x2) Anyway, I tried the green one and it smells gorgeous - like crisp apples with a hint of cinnamon so quite festive and autumnal. It also had just the right amount of oil for one quite deep bath. Just make sure that the bath is hot when you first run it to ensure that it melts properly. I will be buying more!





Last but not least, Stardust bath bomb has a comforting, light vanilla scent which reminds me a bit of butter bear. Apparently it releases tiny stars as it fizzes but I didn't notice them at the time! I love the smell though so would use it again

Have you been to Lush Oxford Street yet? What else would you recommend from there?


1 comment:

  1. I really want to try the body scrub I have heard amazing things and am well overdue a haul ;) xxx


    BlondeOfCarbs

    ReplyDelete